Saturday, December 26, 2009

Reply to Tal

Tal posted this comment: "Hello. You're the first person I've talked to who belives in vampires. It's taken a while! I too believe they exist. My friends think I'm a freak. I hate werewolves. Do they exist?

Are you a fan of Twilight? What made you start investigating?

Thank you!"

Hello Tal. It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear that your friends don't believe you, but if they really thought you were a freak they wouldn't be your friends. I had similar problems with my human friends too, and although we have some differences, they have stayed friends.

Your question about werewolves is a good one. The Children of The Moon used to exist long long ago, but they were killed by the Volterri completely. The shape shifters like the ones in Twilight do exist. The most common type of shape shifter is when a human changes into the shape of a wolf, but there have been cases where the shape shifter takes the shape of a bat. This happens when a hybrid like Renesmee mates with a werewolf like Jacob before the female has reached a physical age of 17 and stops changing. If she has a baby she gives birth to a vampire with the ability to change into a bat. This is where the myth about all vampires being able to turn into bats started.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like werewolves. I'm guessing that you are Team Edward. Although I agree that Bella belongs to Edward, I think that Jacob proves in the 4th book that he is a nice person. I think that you cannot say something like "I hate werewolves" based on the actions of one individual that you haven't met before. It would be like saying "I hate all people from ____." Racist, right?

I am a fan of twilight and I began my studies in 2006. The university that had been employing me to teach students about myths and legends ran into financial troubles and was forced to fire me. Shortly after this my father died leaving the money to me. Using this money I decided to investigate the truth behind Twilight as I had thought that the book was much to complex to arrive in the shape of a dream. My studies proved to be very useful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey again. Thank you very much for replying, Its fasinating. I also thought about what you said about hating werewolves. I was thinking and you are right. I don't have a problem with them, its just that i got a bit mad at Jacom. Its stero typing and afetr thinking it over I desided to change my mind about them.

    ReplyDelete